BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abhay
Calcite | Level 5

Our unix admin team have installed SAS  9.3 on unix server, But when I browse to SASHome Folder, I dont see any SAS icon.

It seems unix team has not correctly set the environment variables for SAS to run properly. Can someone guide on basic installation on unix server, whether any batch file need to be modified.

Even I am unable to invoke SAS using command prompt, can some one please guide here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That means that the basic SAS system (which resides in the SASFoundation directory) has not been installed at all or has been accidentally (re)moved.

Have your systems people do a complete reinstall.

Before that, they could run a

find / -name SASFoundation

and

find / -name sas -type f

to see if something bad happened with the location

(to run successfully, these commands need to be run with superuser privileges)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How do you browse your SASHome folder?

Keep in mind that UNIX executables do not store their icons in the executable as Windows executables do.

From the commandline, cd to the SASHome directory (/opt/SAS or something similar)

There cd to SASFoundation/9.3

When doing ls -l there, you should see a line like

lrwxrwxrwx    1 sas      sasgroup         10 May 10 2012  sas -> bin/sas_en

"sas" and "sasgroup" depend on the userid used to install the SAS system

Then you should try to start SAS with

./sas

Messages derived from that will help in determining what's your problem

Abhay
Calcite | Level 5

Dear ,

Many thanks for replying. I dont see SAS foundation folder, whereas I see SASFoundation Services Folders. Please see the attached screenshot, any problem with installation?

scrnshot.pngscrnshot.png
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That means that the basic SAS system (which resides in the SASFoundation directory) has not been installed at all or has been accidentally (re)moved.

Have your systems people do a complete reinstall.

Before that, they could run a

find / -name SASFoundation

and

find / -name sas -type f

to see if something bad happened with the location

(to run successfully, these commands need to be run with superuser privileges)

Abhay
Calcite | Level 5

Many Thanks, I will connect with deployment team, and shall get back if ny further query. Thank you very much.

dpage
SAS Employee

If you had a foundation services directory, but not foundaiton, I'd be suspicious this server was configured as a middle-tier machine - not a compute or standalone foundation install. Verify the plan file (and machine of the plan being selected) matches the software you expect to be laid down. If this is a multi-server environment, it could be you need to connect to a different machine to see SASFoundation, it isn't installed on every server in the topology. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation