BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iscgonzalez
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello guys,

I'm stuck in a weird situation. Recently I updated my SAS guide from 7.1 to 7.15 because users are having problems with the excel 2016 format. With 7.1 I was able to connect correctly, but since I installed the 7.15 version I'm not even able to connect to metadata.

This is weird because Management console can connect, and also I tried with the integration technologies tools and the connection was correct.

When I try to connect using SAS EG I get the message that ask me to check the port and the machine that I'm trying to connect.

Any suggestion of what can I try?

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you turn on EG logging to see what if happening in more detail:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bidaag&docsetTarget=p0gxmv2av4gkvun1vhamsvtrs6tv.htm&docsetVe...

Also I suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @iscgonzalez,

a track with SAS TS is a very good idea, as proposed by @SASKiwi.

I am wondering how that upgrade went and based on what. I mean:

- What kind of error do you get?

- How are you installing EG: locally on a PC, on Citrix, on another virtualization software such as AppV or ThinApp? 

- Have you modified the connection details in your EG profile to that server?

Besides checking logs in Metadata, you could also check the events in windows (Event Viewer) and you could enable the longing on EG and see the logs on EG ( http://support.sas.com/kb/55/414.html ).

iscgonzalez
Obsidian | Level 7
I've found that the problem comes when I install EG using the 64 bit Native mode. I thought that if I had a x64 bit OS that would be the best option. It works with the 32 bit compatibility mode.
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Still, it's an interesting question. Regardless of the bitness of EG and/or Windows and/or Office, you should at least get a successful connection to the Metadata server.

Open a Windows command prompt and then type:

telnet <<Metadata host name>> <<port>>

The above two values need to be EXACTLY what you use in Enterprise Guide. If you do this, what error(s) do you get ?

iscgonzalez
Obsidian | Level 7

I've checked the ports and connections, I checked them with telnet and with SAS integration technologies tool. With both I get correct connections to metadata and to workspace.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

I agree. We need to see the error to be able to assist.

What version is your Metadata server ?

SangramjitPanda
Obsidian | Level 7

You can also validate the User and its credentials on both servers by using SAS Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard.

Metadata Server

WorkSpace Server

shirishkamath
Obsidian | Level 7

Can you paste the error message in detail? Maybe someone can take a look at the error message and identify what's wrong.

Thanks,

SK

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation