BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

In our platform we are planning to install and configure Grid Manager client utility. We have gone through below SAS support link

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/gridref/67371/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1uyedj05o3rdkn1ou...

but we stuck up at the Metadata user ID screen. Which user we need to provide here( sasadm@sapw or sas or any other batch  unix ID).

After installing and configuring SASGSUB we would like to allow the users to submit the sas long running jobs on to the GRID nodes.

Any thoughts would be much appreciate..!

Thanks

Uday

Uday
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Nope.

Meaning, I can think of many things. But I would try with the tests. if it does nto work, we can work with something more specific. It is quite general for now if you do not move forward.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @UVakkalagadda,

it would make sense to me just any OS account registered in metadata, with enough permissions. IN any case, this is just for an initial test.

Afterwards, the user will be prompted for username and password, since they would be submitting jobs with their own accounts.

UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Juan, so can I try with sasdemo account?  I think this account is having sufficient permissions.

Uday
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

If sasdemo can run GRID jobs (say, with SAS EG), then the answer is yes.

In any case, you can try anything in this case, you can run this config several times. Each time will be a re-config.

UVakkalagadda
Obsidian | Level 7

In our case we can use sasdemo account for SAS EG grid jobs. Our main purpose is to allow the users to submit the long running sas jobs via command line to GRID nodes and to use SASGSUB functionality post installation . Do you think any other change need to do after client configured?

Uday
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Nope.

Meaning, I can think of many things. But I would try with the tests. if it does nto work, we can work with something more specific. It is quite general for now if you do not move forward.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation