BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

Planning to install SAS Grid on AWS FSx on Lustre (Linux) and wanted to know if the installation of the grid could be automated to replicate the environment in case of failure.  Otherwise, there is alot of hours would be lost if a manual installation is required.

3 REPLIES 3
MargaretC
SAS Employee
I would suggest you create an AMI of your install. You can then just attach the AMI in case something happens to your instances.
Margaret
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8
I want to avoid AMI, I would like to have a installation script in case of issues with availability zones, etc.
doug_sas
SAS Employee

With SAS Grid Manager in 9.4M6, the deployment of SAS Workload Orchestrator and SAS Job Flow Scheduler are through the SAS Deployment Wizard and you should be able to use its unattended install feature to install your deployment.

Previous versions of SAS Grid Manager (now called SAS Grid Manager for Platform in SAS 9.4M6) had the installation of Platform Suite for SAS as a 3rd party install prerequisite for the SAS Deployment Wizard so SDW's unattended install feature would not be able to be used for Platform Suite for SAS. However, the installation of Platform Suite for SAS on Linux is a command line based install that could probably be automated without much trouble.

If you install & configure to a shared file system (as opposed to a local file system), new machines may be able to be added/removed without having to reinstall/redeploy your software - you would just need to start the necessary services on your new machine.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation