BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ggold
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to create a SAS environment template that can be adjusted and edited programmatically and be deployed programmatically? I am using powershell for deployment.

Currently, I'm trying to export the .spk package, edit the metadata in a .zip archive, and import the .spk back into SAS.

I'm using SAS Office Analytics, release SAS 9.4M2 on Windows 2012 R2.

2 REPLIES 2
acfarrer
Quartz | Level 8

Arguably, most of the critical artifacts can be deployed programmatically. Using the -responsefile option when running setup.sh or setup.exe creates a file that can be edited or just replayed against the same or similar SAS Depot. Manual changes using SASMC can be exported as objects into .spk for everything else. There are other interfaces (%mdu* , proc metadata, Java APIs) which I find less useful.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAS is dictating the use of the SDW The SAS Deployment Wizard. As that wizard more a charlatan there is common need to reprogram it different.
You are using poweshell that is nice like using rpm yum git endevor rational and many others that are used for deployment.

For the middleware sas-system there is big challenge. For the business applications your can set the standard that no adjustments are needed. 

To achieve that you can use OS system-environment variables that are used within metadata definitions.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation