BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks, 

Same strange behaviour on our SAS Enterprise Miner. We have SAS EM 14.3 running on AIX. For some reason, now when a user tried to create a new project the following error appears:

The server location is already registered for use by either another project or SAS Application, or the user does not have permission to create a project at this location. Try using a different name for your project or enter a different path.

The project is created on the chosen folder but is not registered on metadata (under My Folder). Anyone has idea why is happen?

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Check the permissions of the user on the SAS folder In SAS Management Console. 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@kiran_mkThanks, I checked and looks fine. We have another environment, for developing, and the permissions are exactly the same. Please find attached the permission for SAS Folders. WriteMetadata is deny but WriteMemberMetadata is allow.

Regards,

kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Is that access for an end user?  Then Read Metadata, Write Metadata, Read, Write, Create access should be good enough. 

Give the user write metadata access. Also, check the permissions on the physical location of the folder. Grant rwx on the folder. 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@kiran_mk Thanks, I'll tried and let you know. Could you please let me know where are physically SAS Folders created to verify "rwx" on that folder? 

Regards, 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@kiran_mk, I added "writemetadata" permission and the error continues. I was able to create a new folder under "My Folder", so I don't think this is the problem. Any other suggestion? I'm contacting Tech Support too.

kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Add the user to any group that has Metadata write access? See if it works. 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@kiran_mk, Thanks, he is already an unrestricted user.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation