BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am a bit stumped.  Two end users, same AD group, SAS user groups, same roles and privileges (checked and triple checked setup and profiles of the two users).  User A could see a couple of SAS Data libraries (Data_db1 & Data_db2), whereas user B could not.  User B only has in EG the default SAS libraries.  Both users are able to login.  

Please suggest where do I look further.

Data_db1 & Data_db2 are SQL DBs nothing fancy and use service IDs to access.

I have asked to enable client side logging for EG and waiting to receive it.

NOTE: User B (having issue) could run the same LIBNAME string from "Display Libname" taken from SAS meta, no issue at all.  COuld access underlying tables as well.  Only, the same Data libraries do not appear in their EG session.  Nothing in Authorization, or Extended properties that differ b/w user A and B.  #grr

TIA

-S

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Just to be clear, if user B runs the LIBNAME and refreshes the EG server list then the library and tables are listed? If so then this is definitely a SAS metadata inconsistency between the two users. Also for user B are both the library and tables are missing from the server list and not just the tables when using the metadata libraries?

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your time and reply.

Partial answer.

Yes the library (& table) just do not appear 

I will update with what I find after running libname --> refresh whether library/table appear.

-S

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

If both are have the same roles and privileges, it is possible that one of them must be a member of some additional groups . Please check for this.

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry for the late update.  We re-installed EG (doesn't make sense) and miraculously the libraries appear.; gasp! Yep.  I did not buy.  I have a feeling the genius was logging on to a wrong env. (dev) but face saving is an art ...

TY all and apologies for wasting your time.

-S

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation