BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blindgaurdien16
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I currently face an issue where several SAS EG users with my client are facing disconnection from their respective work tables. They are unable to run their reports because of this reoccurring disconnection from their work-space servers, but in the back end I can see that their programs are running in the respective servers. 

We are having a Grid Environment with 3 Compute servers and 1 Metadata server. On discussion with the respective users, I can see them many of them are having several instances of SAS EG open from the same machine and are connected to multiple compute servers.

1) Is this a frequent issue with SAS EG? How can we solve this disconnection issue?
2) Could this be because of users having several sessions open and being connected to Multiple servers for their work tables?

Please let me know if you have any solution for this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Sounds like something that you should probably work with Tech Support on and most likely verify your network connection stability. 

@blindgaurdien16 wrote:

Hi All,

I currently face an issue where several SAS EG users with my client are facing disconnection from their respective work tables. They are unable to run their reports because of this reoccurring disconnection from their work-space servers, but in the back end I can see that their programs are running in the respective servers. 

We are having a Grid Environment with 3 Compute servers and 1 Metadata server. On discussion with the respective users, I can see them many of them are having several instances of SAS EG open from the same machine and are connected to multiple compute servers.

1) Is this a frequent issue with SAS EG? How can we solve this disconnection issue?
2) Could this be because of users having several sessions open and being connected to Multiple servers for their work tables?

Please let me know if you have any solution for this issue.

blindgaurdien16
Fluorite | Level 6

I have already verified with the Network team, they have confirmed that this is not an issue from their end after verification.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

As already mentioned by @Reeza, I recommend you open a track with SAS Technical Support. This type of problem often requires checking SAS server logs and possibly EG logs to diagnose potential causes, of which there are many. 

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @blindgaurdien16

Technical Support is the way to go, I agree with previous comments.

In the meantime, you may want to review those SAS-Notes (if they match your version of SAS Enterprise Guide):

Problem Note 47825: Network firewalls might prematurely terminate long-running tasks or queries submitted from SAS® Enterprise Guide®

Problem Note 49637: SAS® Enterprise Guide® might randomly lose its workspace server connection

Problem Note 42679: SAS® Enterprise Guide® might disconnect from a workspace server when you are running programs that generate a large log

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @blindgaurdien16,

I completely agree with the approach to contact SAS Technical Support.

I would recommend you:

- to check the SAS notes provided by @Damo

- your network people check the timeout of connections, often the culprit. If you are in Grid and perhaps even with Ciitrix, either Citrix or an F5 might have timeouts for the connections and firewall settings to be checked.

- the logs of your Object Spawner 

- if nothing of above works, share your problem with your SAS Technical Support office

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation