BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

I'm getting an error while opening the sas datasets from SAS EG.I am opening oracle table from SAS EG library. I checked user has all the required access as per met

sewa_bal_gmail_com_0-1588268521779.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

So if another user tries to view the same table then they don't get the error?

What type of log do you want to look at? If you want to see user server connections then this is the one to look at: \SAS\Config\Lev1\ObjectSpawner\Logs

Workspace server logs aren't produced by default.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do other users have the same problem or only this user? Are only Oracle tables affected or are SAS tables as well? Is it one particular Oracle table or all Oracle tables?

If the problem is with Oracle tables only then check the user's Oracle database permissions are set correctly.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

This is related to one user only. This issue related to one table only.

One more thing, I can't find the sasapp server log on this path. From where I can see the sas WorkspaceServer log? 

C\\SAConfig\Lev2\SASApp\WorkspaceServer\Logs

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So if another user tries to view the same table then they don't get the error?

What type of log do you want to look at? If you want to see user server connections then this is the one to look at: \SAS\Config\Lev1\ObjectSpawner\Logs

Workspace server logs aren't produced by default.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation