BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks for quick reply.

Can we have a private ip at the server level to connect the sas client such as SAS EG?

or any other issue?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@japsas100 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply.

Can we have a private ip at the server level to connect the sas client such as SAS EG?

or any other issue?

It depends on your connection. If you have to make a jump through the internet, the 10. address won't work. If the address you use in prod is the 193. address, then you need a similar one for the test environment.

Ping the metadata server for the prod environment by name and see what the ping returns as target IP address.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Prod hostname return ip like 193.XXXXXXXX which we alredy have in test env.

I alredy raised the track with SAS Tech support but not find any solution for the same.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@japsas100 wrote:

Prod hostname return ip like 193.XXXXXXXX which we alredy have in test env.

I alredy raised the track with SAS Tech support but not find any solution for the same.

From your earlier post:

"In Prod we have two IP address one start with 193.XXXXX and with10.XXXXX but in test we have only one IP address and athat start with 10."

From that I took that

- your prod server is reachable via two alternate IP addresses, a 193. and a 10.

- your test server only has a 10. address

?

And I also assume that you have no problem connecting EG to the prod environment, but can't reach your test environment from the same EG.

Which IP address is returned if you try to ping your test metadata server by name?

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

test IP also return : 193.XXXXXXXXXXX same as prod.

In test we dont have ip start with 10.XXXXXX

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then we have to wait what SAS TS comes up with. They have more options, as you can supply them confidential data that can't be posted here.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

We have find out root cause of this issue. We are not able to ping hostname and port from client machine any of the below option.

telnet <hostname> 8561

telnet <IPv6 address> 8561

telnet <IPv4 address> 8561

But we are able to ping prod host and port from same machine.

Please advise?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello again,

this seems to be a problem that, or either the Metadata server is down, or you need to contact your system admins to enable some rules on the firewalls.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

All services are runing fine and there is no firewall blocking at the server level. if there is any issue with client firewall then we also facing same issue with prod but this not the case. for prod env ....we able to ping port and host from client. 

SAS servers status:
SAS Web Infrastructure Data Server is UP
SAS Metadata Server 1 is UP
SAS Object Spawner 1 is UP
SAS DIP Job Runner 1 is UP
SAS Information Retrieval Studio Server is UP
SAS JMS Broker is UP
SAS Cache Locator Service ins_41415 is UP
SAS Web Server is UP
SAS Web App Server SASServer1_1 is UP
SAS Environment Manager is UP
SAS Environment Manager Agent is UP

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

On one of the routers in your network path, the test server (or traffic to it) is blocked. Put your network people on to the problem. Don't let them off the hook until the ping and telnet connections work.

I know from experience that network people can be hard to deal with. 😞

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Since you can't ping your Test metadata server from your client PCs then this is a network issue.

Try PINGing the IP address of your Test metadata server. If that works then you know the hostname is the problem and it is not resolving to the correct IP address. If that doesn't work then you know the Test metadata server is not reachable from your client PCs. 

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks....

I can ping host and port from metadata server but its not pinging from client machine.

On client when I ping only ip with port its get resolved.

Not understand is there any fireworks at the top of the server becase when i exceute iptables -l at the server level then nothing comes out.

Please advise?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Ping is not the problem, indeed. Ping it is just the connection to port 1, generally open by default.

I guess that if you don;t have a firewall on the server side, it might be an external firewall or on the client side. If you have Citrix clients or similar, it might be a firewall rule related to Citrix

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks for quick reply.

Is there any way to check whether port is close at client level?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

There is, indeed. If you have telnet enabled, you can check the ports with 

telnet server.yournet yourport

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation