BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear All,

We configured sending email via our SAS 9.4 M 7 Windows 2019 platform (one node topology ).
We modified (mail host, inane, pwd etc) corresponding server.xml file in Lev1\Web\WebApp\SASServer1_1

SAS WebApp Server ist not configured for HTTPS connection.(I am not sure if this is required in this case)

After restarting the services and testing the functionality we are receiving the following error message:

ERROR: Email: 451 5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send mail [AM6PR08CA0023.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com]

Do you have any idea what could be the main cause for this?

Very appreciate for any hints.

Thanks and BR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Tech Support is your best option with this type of problem if you haven't done tracked this already.

Also does this help? http://azuredummies.com/2016/06/21/451-5-7-3-starttls-is-required-to-send-mail-office-365/

I just googled your error and this was the first search item found.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Email in SAS works out of the box.
Can you show what your code is?

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

you are right. E mail functionality in SAS is out of the box and did not expected any issues but anyway, please find my sample code example to test the functionality:

-------------------------------------------

options emailsys = smtp emailhost = "myhost" emailport = portnumber emailid = "senderadress" emailpw="pwd";
filename outbox email to='someone@mail.comm' type='text/html' subject='Just a test' ; data temperatures; do centigrade = -40 to 100 by 10; fahrenheit = centigrade*9/5+32; output; end; run; ods html body=outbox /* Mail it! */ rs=none; title 'Centigrade to Fahrenheit conversion table'; proc print; id centigrade; var fahrenheit; run; ods html close;

---------------------------------------------

And when i submit it i am receiving the following error message "...ERROR: Email: 451 5.7.3 STARTTLS is required to send mail...."

I forgot to mention that we would like to send the mail via SMTP server Office 365 .

BR 

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks! I will start a discussion with our office265 team.

But could it be that because our SAS Web App server is currently not configured for HTTPS , that this could be the reason also?

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

"But could it be that because our SAS Web App server is currently not configured for HTTPS , that this could be the reason also?"

Based upon my experience, I would say no. HTTPS configuration is not essential.

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,

We still do not have any idea what/where is the bottleneck resp the cause of our situation.
Do you have so other ideas what to check?

Thanks and best regards
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Tech Support is your best option with this type of problem if you haven't done tracked this already.

Also does this help? http://azuredummies.com/2016/06/21/451-5-7-3-starttls-is-required-to-send-mail-office-365/

I just googled your error and this was the first search item found.

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi ,

Thanks for your response.
I also googled it. But until now doesn’t helped nothing . I mean probably I missed something.
However sas track is open and sas global support is also investigating and supporting me. I just wanted to speed this up, because already since approx one week I do not have any progress on this, also with sas track /support.
Regards

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation