BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mailkaushikp
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Experts,
I am trying to schedule the run of a SAS Program in SMC using SAS Data Step Batch Server.

I am logged in as a sassrv account. However, when I try to deploy a SAS Program getting below error

"The Job Was not deployed because of following the reason . Unable to save the metadata."

The sassrv account has necessary Metadata permissions.

1 REPLY 1
jcFranklin
SAS Employee

The message you're receiving generally indicates a metadata authorization problem. That is, the user account does not have WriteMetadata to an object.

Check first if the identity has WriteMetadata to the SASApp server context, either directly or because of membership in a group.

You might also find the following post in SAS Support Communities useful: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Deploy-jobs-in-SAS-MC/td-p/475562 .

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation