BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
njnar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi I'm using SAS 9.04.01M6P111518.

I'm using "SAS Distributed In-Process services Scheduling" to schedule my reporting jobs.

I used a service account to schedule my jobs. But I see jobs are getting triggered with "Administrator" id.

I want to use service account because Administrator doesn't have access to all datasets.

How can I force scheduler to use this service account?

2 REPLIES 2
njnar
Fluorite | Level 6

Btw I found something interest in SAS documentation.It says:

Jobs that are sent to the command-line job runner run as the user of the distributed in-process scheduling server process, rather than as the user that scheduled the flow.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=scheduleug&docsetTarget=p0slezk4g2lrt7n1eu0ydwh34tjm.htm&doc... 

Are there any workaround?

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I think the note is clear in saying that the jobs that are submitted directly to command-line works that way. However if it uses applications like VA it uses the submitting user.

Note: Jobs that are sent to the command-line job runner run as the user of the distributed
in-process scheduling server process, rather than as the user that scheduled the flow.
Jobs that are sent to applications are run using the application’s submission methods.
Jobs sent from SAS Visual Analytics Designer run as the submitting user.

If you want to schedule jobs there are other alternatives available as well, may be you can try that.

You can still check if there is an option to change the submitting user by emailing the details to SAS technical support team at support@sas.com 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation