BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gsinkinson
Calcite | Level 5

Am turning up SAS Disk Cleanup Handler Errors in the Administrative Events viewer.

They seem to occur in groups of 4 with the following individual error messages:

ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup' is denied.

ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc' is denied.

ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\Content.IE5' is denied.

ERROR: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData' is denied.

Where do I start to figure out what's causing this?

They all show up as Event ID: 0 and Category: None

Running SAS 9.4 on Windows 10 Home 64-bit Lenovo Ideacenter A530

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

I would suggest looking at permissions. It may well be the process running does not have the appropriated permission for what it is attempting to do.

I know that our IT has been going around setting read-only permissions for any folder in c:\Windows , c:\Progrm Files and other system related folders.

gsinkinson
Calcite | Level 5

ballardw,

Thanks for the reply.

Am a little curious why the install of the Handler didn't set the proper permissions.

My limited understanding suggests the DiskCleanupHandler gets invoked by Windows Scheduled Tasks,

but I am unable to identify any entry for that. That might give me a better idea of the authorization required.

Have a feeling this is one for Tech Support, as it's getting down to the 'innards'.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The DiskCleanupHandler can be scheduled by any job scheduler not just by the Windows Scheduler. Once you have located where it is scheduled, check the user account it is scheduled under. Since this tool requires admin type access it would be good practice for it to use say the SAS administrator Windows account, one of the service accounts set up when SAS is installed. 

gsinkinson
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the response.

I guess my problem is one of determining which scheduler invoked the
DiskCleanupHandler.

Any ideas on how to determine other schedulers?

Additionally, I do not seem to have any service accounts.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Check with your IT admins. They should know about schedulers. Also service accounts are required for SAS installation. Check with someone who was involved in this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation