BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mahipal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Friends,

I am new to Manage SAS software, we have Windows 2008 server which has SAS 9.2 installed which license is expired and i wanted to renew the license. now my boss gave me a New license file which is SAS Version 9.3. when i am trying to update the license it shows me an error message "SID file is not valid". I am attaching the screenshot of error message. can any one tell me how can i renew my SAS 9.2 software with new SID file and how do i re-request the correct SID file. quick help would always appriciated.

Thanks in Advance,

screenshot-1.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
SandorSzalma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

your boss should ask for a new SID file with SAS 9.2...

Regards,

mahipal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Usually, the SAS representative on the customer site is the one that handles this kind of dialogue with SAS. If your boss is that person, he or she should know how to get a new one.

Or else, this is a starting point:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/license/

Data never sleeps
art297
Opal | Level 21

On the other hand, is there any reason you would want to stay with 9.2 rather than move up to 9.3?

Reeza
Super User

The server version of 9.3 is significantly different from 9.2...at least that's the excuse my IT is using for not upgrading ours.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm running a server version of 9.3, enjoy the enhancements and haven't noticed anything unusual.

mahipal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your reply, now i wanted to upgrade the SAS 9.2 server on 9.3 (Inplace Upgrade). can anyone tell me how can i upgrade the server or else i have to setup all the things on new server.

THanks in Advance.

Reeza
Super User

Talk to tech support or see the install docs online.

AFAIK its a full setup and migration, not a upgrade per se.

sas_Forum
Calcite | Level 5

According to my knowledge, rename your old sid file and place your new sid file at that path with the old name as i have done installation once so i am having some awareness on it check if it works

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation