BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Bloodyarmy
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to install SAS 9.4 using SAS Deployment Wizard but the installation seems to stuck here at SAS Deployment Manager step.

It has been 0% for the pass 3 hours, there is no progress and error shown. 

SAS Installation Issue.png

Please assist. How can I resolve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Bloodyarmy and @roberthope,

there is something going wrong here indeed.

Some suggestions I would give you:

At last, if nothing of this works, it might be that you have a corrupted windows registry or SAS Deployment Manager registry. I would contact directly SAS Technical Support in this case.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
First the obvious stuff:
-have you verified that your system meets the systemost requirements?
-do you have the necessary rights to the installation?

Perhaps there's a dialog window that somehow is hidden behind other windows?
Also, check the log files for any warnings/errors.
Data never sleeps
Bloodyarmy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response. 

System requirement - Yes. All other teammate having the same workstation model and setup are able to proceed with the installation without issue. 

Necessary rights - Yes. 

Dialog window - No. I thought the same but checked and confirm no.

Log file - Where can I find this? 

Thanks. 

Bloodyarmy
Calcite | Level 5

Bump. Any help from anyone?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well the question is what is different about your PC to the ones that are successful? Do you have any other versions of SAS installed and if so how do these differ from your colleagues? Also check the version of Java you have installed - is it different from your colleagues? If so install your colleague's version. The SAS Deployment Wizard uses Java and it needs to be a compatible version.

Also test you have write access to the folder you are installing into and have you tried installing more than once with the same outcome? 

dpage
SAS Employee

There would be two key logs, C:\program files\SASHome\InstallMisc\InstallLogs\IT_*.log (not the filelist one) and C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\SAS\SASDeploymentWizard\SDW*.log 

roberthope
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same problem. I assume because the 1st step has completed that it is not a java issue. It is a new laptop (Windows 10) so i wonder if it is an incompatible version of some windows related software or apermissions issue. myuser account is a local administrator but anytime i try and open write something i get the windows prompt to approve it. Perhaps the sas install is coming up against that but not able to present the windows option to approve the write ?

sas deployment manager stalled.jpg

this error popped up a lot in the log

Package platform (wx6) not contained in host list (sax, s64, lax, lnx, h6i, h64, r64)

also is there a problem with the .net version ?

2017-02-02 10:50:16    InstallationTask - Setup event:  Notifying SDW that dotnet45 is a system Requisite.
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - Beginning Check for: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - Executing Checks for: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - Checking Operating System
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - System OS reported: Windows 8.1 64-bit
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - os matched
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - No Language Filters - returning true
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - Checking Registry Values
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - registryvalue for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full Version
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - comparison is: LESSTHAN
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - expectedValue is: 4.5.50938
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - actual value is: 4.6.01586
2017-02-02 10:50:16    CheckPairsGroupTypeTask - found to be false
2017-02-02 10:50:16    InstallationTask - Setup event:  Notifying SDW that dotnet45 will not be installed.

any help appreciated
Cheers
Rob
dpage
SAS Employee

Possible, but unlikely, those errors tend to manifest earlier or later. If you have the IT log or SDW logs those would be helpful - or open a Support track and attach them there. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Bloodyarmy and @roberthope,

there is something going wrong here indeed.

Some suggestions I would give you:

At last, if nothing of this works, it might be that you have a corrupted windows registry or SAS Deployment Manager registry. I would contact directly SAS Technical Support in this case.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation