BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ven
Calcite | Level 5 ven
Calcite | Level 5

HI ,

I am trying to install Sas 9.2 Midtire components, when it asks to point to IBM Websphere Application Server Network Deployment 6.1 which folder location should I give here?

I am using Websphere 8 and located in  C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer

But when I paste this location into the it gives the message the directory does not contain the requested component

Please let me know which location should I use here?

- Thank You

- Ven

WebsphereLocation.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

That's the correct folder to specify (assuming that's where you installed WebSphere Smiley Happy). I actually just tested this on a deployment here, and neither the parent nor children folders of this folder will work, but the "AppServer" folder is indeed how deep you should go in the tree for the SAS Deployment Wizard to find it.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ven
Calcite | Level 5 ven
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sunshine,

My main issue is how can I skip the deployment step of SAS asking me to give the location of "Websphere Application Server" if I am to configure it manually.

In the above documents there is no mentioning about it and whatever the location given by me is not accepted as shown in the attached.

Thank you very much for your support

- Ven

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, there's not a way to skip this dialog in 9.2. In 9.3, the SAS Deployment Wizard allows you to specify that your Web Application Server is running on a different machine. In 9.2, it expects your Web App Server to be installed to filespace accessible to the system on which you're running the SAS Deployment Wizard.

Ramses
SAS Employee

I had the same error when I was trying to set an IBM websphere that is not supported by SAS 9.2 version, please check the versions supported:

http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v92m3/appservers/webspheresw.html

ven
Calcite | Level 5 ven
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Mark/ Ramses,

If I have installed the correct version , what should be the correct folder that I should point here.

Currently I have given V:\..\..\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer     or is it a subfolder within this.

- Thanks a lot

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

That's the correct folder to specify (assuming that's where you installed WebSphere Smiley Happy). I actually just tested this on a deployment here, and neither the parent nor children folders of this folder will work, but the "AppServer" folder is indeed how deep you should go in the tree for the SAS Deployment Wizard to find it.

ven
Calcite | Level 5 ven
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Mark,

Great, I have installed Websphere Application Server 6.1 (The correct version ) , Yet I need to download the file WAS.product from the sas location ftp://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/web as per the configuration document http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v92/appservers/ConfiguringWASBase.pdf

I cannot see this file in this ftp location. Would you be able to give me a clue for a way to get this file. Can you access this file and share.

Looking out for some light.Smiley Happy

- Thanks & Regards

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

That particular doc was used for 9.2 TS2M0 and 9.2 TS2M2.  As of 9.2 TS2M3, the "base" version of WebSphere (i.e., *not* IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment) is handled without the need for the additional steps discussed in the doc, which is why it was removed from 9.2M3 documentation. That's also likely why the WAS.product file was removed from the download site you mention.

If you need to deploy a 9.2 version of SAS prior to 9.2 TS2M3, and are indeed attempting to use the base, rather than Network Deployment, version of WebSphere, please give Tech Support a call so they can help you with the WAS.product workaround.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation