BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mushy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

I have a question related to deploying the SAS DI Job. When I deploy the job via DI Studio, the job gets deployed to the unix servers' deployment directory and as expected the owner is the one who deployed the job for the first time. When a different user deploys the same job, the job gets deployed , but the owner is not updated to the latest owner but the original/first user who deployed the job remains the owner. Is there a way to ensure that in the unix permission, the owner of the sas job is overwritten by the latest user who deployed/redeployed the job?

Thanks Mushy

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

This is more of a Unix question than a SAS question. What can be done depends on your Unix/Linux environment.

The environment I'm currently working in does this via users being in the right groups groups and ACL's (defined in the security model) plus there is also a script scheduled that can modify permissions and owners in selected locations.

Here one discussion I found without much searching around this topic.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation