BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lukas852
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

i have installed SAS 9.4. (Metadata, Compute, Midtier, VA servers)

I'm doing the post-installation steps for Midtier and i encountered validation problem for SAS Content Server.

content_valid_err.JPG

I've been searching for an answer earlier, and apparently there is wrong cacerts file in SASHome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/lib/security.

Some suggested i get our ssl certificate (or download it via browser from our web app site) and add it to current cacerts in jre.

Using this command keytool -trustcacerts -keystore "%JAVA_HOME%jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -importcert -alias <alias_name> -file <path_to_crt_file>

I did that (on the midtier server, which is the blued-out server in the picture error message), restarted the servers, but iam still getting the same error.

How can i fix this problem, please?

Regards,

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Lukas852 ,

You shouldn't use keytool with any SAS Trusted CA Bundles. Please import the certificate using SAS Deployment Manager -> Manage Trusted CA Bundle -> (33) Add Certificate to Trusted CA Bundle

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@Lukas852 ,

You shouldn't use keytool with any SAS Trusted CA Bundles. Please import the certificate using SAS Deployment Manager -> Manage Trusted CA Bundle -> (33) Add Certificate to Trusted CA Bundle

Lukas852
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, for a hint.

I managed to solve this - by using Deployment Manager on metadata server as well and adding the certificate.

Before i only added certificate on midtier server, which wasn't enough.

alexal
SAS Employee

@Lukas852 ,

You are welcome. I'm glad that the problem has been resolved.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation