BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
suprangya2014
Fluorite | Level 6

I was wandering if there are any SAS in-built tools for data Archive process. If anyone has implemented it then can you please let me know, how to implement it.

Also if there are any 3rd party tools available, can you please let me know which one might be good.

My current setup is SAS 9.4M3, in Linux server.

Thanks

Su

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@suprangya2014 wrote:

Thank you!

I was wandering if we can do anything in the unix end itself for the physical data.

Of course you can. Get a good book on bash scripting, and start learning.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I recently did something like that. Selection is done in SAS, and then the resulting filenames are handed to the TSM (Spectrum Protect) commandline tool.

We have timestamped SAS datasets (indicating when a dataset was pulled from the production DB), and there exist business rules for when a dataset needs to go to the archive.

suprangya2014
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you!

I was wandering if we can do anything in the unix end itself for the physical data.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@suprangya2014 wrote:

Thank you!

Of course you can. Get a good book on bash scripting, and start learning.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation