BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I recently installed the SAS/ACCESS to Snowflake connector on my SAS 9.4 M7 environment on Linux. However, when I try a libname it throws an error. I exported the odbc.ini, odbcinst.ini and simba.snowflake.ini. I was able to test the Snowflake odbc driver outside of SAS and it works successfully. I have all the snowflake odbc driver files under /opt/snowflake_odbc/lib. 

pwd

/opt/snowflake_odbc/lib

export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini

export ODBCINST=/etc/odbcinst.ini

export SIMBAINI=/opt/snowflake_odbc/lib/simba.snowflake.ini

Tried to run SAS from command line -- /opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sas -nodms  -WORK /SAS_Work/Misc_WS

NOTE: SAS initialization used:

real time           0.05 seconds

cpu time            0.02 seconds

LIBNAME SNWFLK snow server=abc.com database=snowdb schema=snowschema user=abcd password=pwd;

ERROR: Could not load /opt/sas/sashome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/sassnf (36

images loaded)

ERROR: libSnowflake.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or

directory

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to SNOWFLAKE cannot be loaded. The SASSNF

code appendage could not be loaded.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

How can I go about troubleshooting this?

3 REPLIES 3
Morse_Bill
Obsidian | Level 7

what's in  %SASROOT%/SASFoundation/9.4/bin/sasenv_local  ?

perhaps you export there ??

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This is what I have in sasenv_local 

ODBCSYSINI=/etc/odbc.ini
export ODBCSYSINI

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech if you haven't already to diagnose this further. It looks like there is either an installation or configuration problem happening. 

EDIT: Have you set the  LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable as explained in the SAS configuration documentation?

SASKiwi_0-1698615414693.png

Link: https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnunxcg/66380/PDF/default/config.pdf

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation