BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BrianSims
Calcite | Level 5

I just upgraded from SASm5 to SAS m7 and now users are getting this erorr when connecting to the oracle database

BrianSims_0-1655319019234.png

Does anyone have any trouble shooting steps?

4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Was this an upgrade in place? It sounds like it's not finding the oracle client libraries. Are the Oracle variables in sasenv_local in your SASHome?

Setting UNIX Environment Variables for SAS/ACCESS
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/th/bicdc/9.4/bidsag/p1w3v98qca3sfzn1rzty2tngrfyq.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
BrianSims
Calcite | Level 5

it was an upgrade in place.  I'm not sure where the oracle variables are stored.  Thank you for the documentation

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The sasenv_local file is found in <SASHome>/SASFoundation/9.4/bin, typically this is where variables would be defined to indicate where the Oracle client is installed as described in the documentation I had linked before. This file, like the _usermods files elsewhere, are not overwritten during things like updates. If these variables were not defined in one of those files it's possible the upgrade overwrote them.

More information on connecting to Oracle can be found here:

Establishing Connectivity to an Oracle Database
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bidsag/n017taop8cx07in1r3awuwxlyb9m.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In order to be of any help we would at least have to know details about your operating environment. Especially for getting dbms's to work there's a big difference between eg. Windows and Linux. But I would start ticking off the possible causes one by one mentioned in your log. And always check Oracle access by using its own client software like sql*plus.

Regards,

- Jan.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation