BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nsahotay
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Is there some useful SAS code that can be run to display / report on all the different access control templates, each group and show the permissions for grant and deny? Or do I have to go through SAS Management Console and manually list them all? I need to review them and wanted create a detailed list / report.

Also need to list all the users, groups and roles too.

8 REPLIES 8
ShaneP
Calcite | Level 5

I have this same exact question and i also need some clarification and answers on this topic. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shane.

nsahotay
Calcite | Level 5

Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Narinder

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

You can, of course, use sas code to query the metadata and generate the reports. Check functions like metadata_getnobj or proc metadata.

Maybe @MichelleHomes or @PaulHomes have another idea ....

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks for pinging me @andreas_lds - I didn't notice this one as I mainly read the Administration and Deployment board.

As @andreas_lds mentioned you could use the SAS® 9.4 Open Metadata Interface to extract info about metadata objects, such as ACTs, (as described in the SAS® 9.4 Metadata Model). For users and groups I'd suggest using the shortcut of the SAS %MDUEXTR macro for basic info on users, groups and roles.

My company has a Metacoda Security Plug-ins product that is used to explore, document, and test several different aspects of SAS metadata security. Whilst this is a commercial product we do also have a few free plug-ins and the ACT Reviewer is one of them. You can use it to export an HTML reports of all your ACTs: how they have been defined, where they have been applied, and how they have been protected. If you'd like to get access to this plug-in and the other free plug-ins (and optionally request an evaluation of the licensed ones) you can register here.

nsahotay
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Unfortunately we are on SAS 9.3 and that plug-in isn't available until 9.4. Hence why i'm stuck.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Metacoda Security Plug-ins, including the ACT Reviewer, are supported for SAS versions 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4.

nsahotay
Calcite | Level 5

Okay handy to know, the problem I have is working for the government we are not allowed to download any free software, I'll ask my IT Department I suspect the answer will be no as usual due to security permissions, etc. Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation