BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All, 

I am trying to do a stand alone installation of SAS AMO 7.1 . While installation reach step of installing SAS/GRAPH ActiveX control it gives an error of No language resource available . 
on Deployment screen it struck at SAS/GRAPH ActiveX Control (64-bit, English). I am attaching a screen shot with this post for additional reference. 

Additional information.
Using Microsoft office(2016)  64 bit version .

Please reply if anyone has faced this issue in past or can guide me on this.

Regards,
Manny

6 REPLIES 6
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
Appears to be related to locales and formats. Does setting the format per this SAS note make the error go away? http://support.sas.com/kb/51/356.html
Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for revert. 🙂

Well its true that the user regional settings are in Swedish but I have successfully installed AMO in other user machines with same settings.

So , I feel we have to look for some other solution.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Manny3,

I agree with you, other solution would be the best. In case you do not want/cannot continue with an installation reporting errors (some companies, such in Life Sciences area, do not allow reports/logs with errors or even warnings), I suggest to increase the level of the logs during the installation by adding -loglevel 2 parameter to the setup.exe command. That can give more information, which also SAS Technical Suport might ask you for.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Manny3,

that is indeed a relatively common problem. The source of the problem is the regional settings of the server or pc where you will install.

However @SimonDawson, it is a fact that that regional settings is not something that everyone can change, specially if it is a computer inside a company (not allowed, group policies, etc). I do think this is something it better be fixed at a Depot level. 

@Manny3, you can safely, for now, let the installation to continue, having this error. You might need to add/fix a few dlls afterwards. I would like to recommend you to open a ticket with SAS Technical Support, they can give you the reight instructions. Or perhaps they have even a better solution.

Manny3
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

If I let the Installation to go through I can't see any SAS Add-ins in any of  Office Application, In disabled tabs even.

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

@JuanS_OCS the SAS note documents an issue that was fixed already a few years ago. @Manny3 mentions AMO 7.1 in the post, this is quite old and roughly lines up with the time the note was published.

Have a read of the installation logs @Manny3 like @JuanS_OCS suggests. The logs should give some insight into the failure. SAS Technical Support will be able to help you review the logs in the event you are not able to discern the cause

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation