BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
eyespike1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, we just installed EM 12.3 previous version EM 12.1

When importing excel files I am seeing the following error in the log file:

The SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is not installed. Please install this module in order to IMPORT/EXPORT to these file types.

I am able to import text files.

I have installed the SAS drivers for ODBC "Client Version" but the error persists.

This is a stand alone workstation version with no connections to external servers. 64 bit.

Thanks for any help

Seth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you first confirm that SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is in your current licence - run proc setinit noalias; run; Typically SAS will install all licensed products unless you explicitly change your product selection.

If it is included then you may need to go through the install again selecting SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files as an additional product. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NoahPowers
SAS Employee

Seth,

Here is a SAS Note that I found helpful in sorting it out.  If you still are unsuccessful in getting it to work after using the following link then I would suggest contacting sas tech support.

43802 - Installing SAS® 9.3 PC Files Server and using it to convert 32-bit Microsoft Office files to...

Noah

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you first confirm that SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files is in your current licence - run proc setinit noalias; run; Typically SAS will install all licensed products unless you explicitly change your product selection.

If it is included then you may need to go through the install again selecting SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files as an additional product. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation