BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to setup Snowflake database server in SAS9.4M7 environment using SAS Management console. While doing it, I cannot find "Snowflake server" under new server wizard in SMC, neither "Snowflake library" under new library wizard. We have SAS/Access to Snowflake licensed and I can confirm the same using proc setinit. 

Is there a way to bring up "Snowflake Server" into the list of Database servers in new server wizard?

The version of SMC I currently use is for SAS 9.4M3, is this the reason that I'm not able to find Snowflake server?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Correct, you'll need to use the SAS Management Console of the same version as your Metadata Server. Try running SMC on your Metadata Server host directly.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Correct, you'll need to use the SAS Management Console of the same version as your Metadata Server. Try running SMC on your Metadata Server host directly.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Alternatively you could just reinstall SAS Management Console from your SAS 9.4 M7 Software Depot. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation