BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mthorne
Obsidian | Level 7

I am not sure where to go with this, but I recently purchased a new desktop PC running Windows 11 for work. The PC is connected to a university VPN.  When I tried to install 9.4 on this PC, it had issues with some of the 64-bit components and would not complete the installation or even load. This was the error message I got after the last attempt at installing and running the program. 

Error: Configuration file "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg"" is unreadable.

Our university IT person told me they have had this problem before and they have had to a complete wipe of the hard drive and reinstall all software! 

Really, this is where we are at??? 

Sincerely frustrated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Can you go to that SASV9.CFG file and copy the contents and show the text?

Since you say "last attempt" one other question to answer is did you attempt to UNINSTALL the failed components before starting later attempts?

Generally you need to address the FIRST problem encountered.

And "wipe the hard drive" means the IT folks aren't that tech savvy. Probably only have experience loading software using disk images.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Can you go to that SASV9.CFG file and copy the contents and show the text?

Since you say "last attempt" one other question to answer is did you attempt to UNINSTALL the failed components before starting later attempts?

Generally you need to address the FIRST problem encountered.

And "wipe the hard drive" means the IT folks aren't that tech savvy. Probably only have experience loading software using disk images.

mthorne
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is one of the .cfg from the last install. I did do an unistall before trying again, but I didn’t manually go into the registry or delete the older files.

/*
*   This config file contains the specific options needed for the DataFlux Federation Server.
*   It will include the standard config file for this application server and then
 *   add on the additional options needed by the Federation Server.
*/

/* Include config files */
-config "@sas.config.file@"
-config "@config.lev.dir@\@sas.meta.config.file.name@"

/* Set environment variables */
-set SASOTPCLOSE true

/* Set options */
-nosplash
-noterminal

-memsize 512M

-logconfigloc "@dffedsvrcfg.config.dir@\logconfig.xml"

-pagesize max
-linesize max

-sasuser "@dffedsvrcfg.sasuser.dir@"

-objectserver
-objectserverparms cel=@oma.propertytype.sasencryptionlevel.name@ classfactory=E803E04B-AAF0-4C74-86A6-F7008AA702DC ser...
-sspi

-metaserver "@iomsrv.metadatasrv.host@"
-metaport @iomsrv.metadatasrv.port@@
-metarepository "@oma.repository.foundation.name@"
-metaprotocol BRIDGE

/* Include autoexec files */
-autoexec "@dffedsvrcfg.autoexec.file@"

/* Insert user-specific config file */
-config "@dffedsvrcfg.config.usermods.file@"

mthorne
Obsidian | Level 7

If I am going to do a complete uninstall, I probably should delete this registry entry, as well?

mthorne_0-1707945476593.png

mthorne
Obsidian | Level 7

I did not accept any solution for this yet because there has been no solution given.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

There are numerous SAS Notes about uninstalling SAS and dealing with problems encountered. This one is probably a good starting point for Windows installations: https://support.sas.com/kb/46/923.html

While it references older SAS versions, the advice in many cases is still good.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation