BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hey,

I am trying to uninstall the sas9.4 from linux box. its hanged at zero percent(0%) and when stopped its throwing below error: -

/home/sas/.SASAppData/SASDeploymentWizard/sasdm_2017-03-06-14.44.01.log

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException

Please advise .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

What I say is that you can rm -rF the sas directories, such as:

/home/*/.SASAppData/

/opt/sas/config/

/opt/sas/sashome/

etc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @japsas100,

I would just delete the folders that contain SAS data/config/logs/temp files, with normal OS commands.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Still getting the same error after deleted all the files from /opt/sas/config/Lev1/Logs/Configure dir

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

What I say is that you can rm -rF the sas directories, such as:

/home/*/.SASAppData/

/opt/sas/config/

/opt/sas/sashome/

etc

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The nice thing about UNIX systems is that one does not need an uninstaller per se, as they do not have such a moronic design as the Windows registry (which constitutes the perfect SPOF - single point of failure - that one could ever devise)

Removing the installation directories, some lines from etc/inittab in case of server processes, amd maybe a directory in /var and/or /tmp will remove software without a trace.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation