BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Could one of you provide me with relevant links to upgrade the SAS software from 9.4 M5 to M6? Woudl be very helpful. We have a 4 tier topology (meta-midtier-compute)on Linux servers and clients on windows. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm not sure why you wouldn't. New SAS releases are pretty reliable in my experience (at least, since V7). We're upgrading from M5 to M7 at the end of the month

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Just out of curiosity, why are you upgrading to M6 instead of M7?

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@JackHamilton M7 released only in Aug 2020. I am not sure if I should upgrade to that right away. 

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm not sure why you wouldn't. New SAS releases are pretty reliable in my experience (at least, since V7). We're upgrading from M5 to M7 at the end of the month

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Except for M0 releases.  I doubt we'll ever install another M0 release of SAS unless all the people who were here for 9.3 M0 have retired.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

9.4 M7 is a very mature maintenance release of 9.4 which is now at least six years old. I don't think you should have any concerns about its reliability. Please bear in mind that M7 contains all accumulated maintenance and bug fixes since the original 9.4 release.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you all for your responses.Yes, we are upgrading to M7 as well. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation