BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Keerthip
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

We have started a fresh planned installation of our SAS 9.4 M5 on multi machine environment,

We have installed metadata 1 & metadata2 (clustered )on different hosts successfully. We are facing issues while installing metadata 3  configuration files on  another host.Below is the error. sas account is already on the current host where installation is being started & the filesystem is shared across all the hosts.Any clues what is causing this issue?

validateUserHostAccount:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: /SAS/SASConfig/meta3/Lev1/Logs/Configure/metadatasrvn_config_status.properties

[propertyfile] Updating property file: /SAS/SASConfig/meta3/Lev1/Logs/Configure/metadatasrvn_config_status.properties

[exec] Current OS is Linux

[exec] Using input "********"

[exec] Executing '/SAS/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/sasumgmt' with arguments:

[exec] '-stdio'

[exec] '-u'

[exec] 'sas'

[exec]

[exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are

[exec] not part of the command.

[exec] NOTE: Access denied.

[exec] Result: 1

[antcall] Exiting /SAS/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/misc/base/sasconf/metadatasrv/config/metadatasrv_config.xml.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
During the install of SAS Foundation was pam chosen to be used for user authentication?

If so, is /etc/pam.d/sasauth correctly defined?

You might try use proc permtest to debug the authentication
http://support.sas.com/kb/39/891.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I think that the password that the SDW has stored for your SAS user is incorrect, or the account might be locked. Try running this manually on that node after the failure and see what it says:

/SAS/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/sasumgmt -stdio -u sas -v

Nik

SimonDawson
SAS Employee
During the install of SAS Foundation was pam chosen to be used for user authentication?

If so, is /etc/pam.d/sasauth correctly defined?

You might try use proc permtest to debug the authentication
http://support.sas.com/kb/39/891.html
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Keerthip,

did you have the chance to give a look into @boemskats's and @SimonDawson's great pointers? I think they go in the right direction.

Here I would like to drop just a quick addition: after installing the binaries: have you run the Operational Qualification on every metadata node?

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikinstqualtoolug/66614/PDF/default/qualificat...

I wonder if there are differences on your pre-requisite steps or your installation steps. I would recommend to go through them again, it is normally the case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation