BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I am currently installing and configuring SAS 9.4 M5 on RHEL 7 virtual servers. I have so far configured metadata and compute. After configuring compute, I am running the post validation checks mentioned in Instructions.html file and having few issues. I am going to raise all my issues in one post, so forgive me for doing that. 

Issue 1 :

While restarting the SAS Environment Manager Agent, I am getting an error

[sasinstaller@sastest bin]$ ./hq-agent.sh restart
Stopping HQ Agent...
Stopped HQ Agent.
Starting HQ Agent...... running (31426).
[ Running agent setup ]
Should Agent communications to HQ be unidirectional [default=no]: yes
What is the HQ server IP address: sastestmd.hc.local
Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=yes]: Yes
What is the HQ server SSL port [default=7443]: 7443
- Testing secure connection ... Failure
Unable to automatically setup: Unable to connect to HQ

Compute server :sastest

metadata server : sastestmd

Issue 2: I am unable to connect to SAS enterprise guide using sasadm@saspw, however I am able to connect using sasdemo user. How do I fix that? When I use sasadm@saspw, it keeps asking me for the password again and again. 

Issue 3 :

Couple tests failing on SAS deployment tester server(SAS IQ,SAS OQ , Stored process server). It is mentioned in the Instruction.html file that, "You did not specify the location of the JUnit jar file for Deployment Tester during installation and configuration. Deployment Tester tests other products that use JUnit for validation. Without JUnit these products may operate properly, but you will not be able to validate them using Deployment Tester.". I am validated the stored process server and workspace server and they were successful. Can I safely ignore the SAS Deployment tester tests?

Issue 4:

Validating operating system services scheduling server failed and here is the error I am getting.

[6/20/18 12:44 PM] INFO: Starting simple validation for Workspace server (level 1) - ping
[6/20/18 12:44 PM] INFO: Ping successful!
[6/20/18 12:44 PM] INFO: Starting extended validation for Workspace server (level 1) - Making a connection
[6/20/18 12:44 PM] SEVERE: Launch Failed. Cannot execute program "/opt/sas/config/Lev1/SchedulingServer/SchedulingServer.sh", error = 2 (No such file or directory).
[6/20/18 12:44 PM] SEVERE: The specified executable module either cannot be located or it is not a valid executable.
[6/20/18 12:44 PM] SEVERE: The launch of server Operating System Services - sastest for user sasdemo failed.

I go to the path /opt/sas/config/Lev1/SchedulingServer/ and run it and it errors out. 

./SchedulingServer.sh status
-bash: ./SchedulingServer.sh: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Any help /direction /guide/document to resolve any of these issues so I can proceed further? 

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RupaJ,

- Issue 1:

For the Environment Manager agent to fully work, you need to deploy the middle tier (web), where you will have the SAS Environment Manager (server side).

- Issue 2:

sasadm@saspw is an internal SAS account. A SAS Workspace Server session (unless you have configured SAS Token Authentication) does require a OS account, that is also registered in the SAS metadata. sasdemo is just an example.

- Issue 3:

you can ignore it , if you won't use the SAS deployment tester. You have 2 options: to re-configure and specifying the location of JUnit (best practice), or just ignore and apply the change manually afterwards when required. I recommend to go into the SAS documentation.

- Issue 4:

Check your permissions/authorisations for the user that runs the validation (and sassrv user).

I hope this can help you.

I would like to greatly recommend you to go through some important and useful documents from SAS, specially this one, and take it from there: 

- SAS Intelligence Platform 9.4 System Administration http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=bisag.pdf&docsetVersion=9.4&locale=en

Also, the course of SAS 9.4 Platform Administration does help to understand such important concepts.

I personally think that anyone installing SAS software, it works better for anyone if we manage to have a good understanding of how the different SAS tiers and components work.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@JuanS_OCS - Thanks for the super quick response. On issue 1, when I checked the mid-tier installation, I again see only SAS Environment agent configuration, not the server. Could our deployment plan be incorrect?

image.png

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @RupaJ,

I see you are selecting option 5, middle tier node. Beware of the "node" part.

Probably you have an option 3, for just middle tier. Try with that.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't see just a "mid-tier" option. Option 4 -Metadata server (SAS Web Infrastructure Platform 9.4 M4) has the SAS EVM and studio components in the "products to configure" list. Wondering why "mid-tier" (without node) is not in the drop down. 

image.png

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RupaJ,

who created this deployment plan file? I would suggest to contact that person.

At first sight, it seems quite strange at few points, to say the least. Maybe it is important to understand the expected deployment or, maybe, rebuild the deployment plan file. (plan.xml)

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @JuanS_OCS

Apologies for the late response. The plan was given by our account rep and as you mentioned it was not the right one. We finally got the corrected deployment plan and I have to redo the whole thing. Do you recommend unconiguring compute-metadata and then removing /opt/sas/* or can I just remove /opt/sas/* without unconfiguring?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation