BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guy,

i have a SAS 9.4 M3 version installed and would like to connect to Azure SQL DWH.

Can you please give me some hints what kind of prerequisites do i need in order to do this:

• From license PoV - Do i need SAS Access to MS Azure SQL DWH or similar?
  • From Version PoV - Is it possible to make this connect from this SAS 9.4 M3 version to MS Azure. I am asking because M3 is pretty old version 5 years + since oficial release date.
  • From Technical PoV if the previous 2 conditions are in place and possible, which steps should i complete in order to implement this?

Thanks a lot for your support and suggestions in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS/ACCESS products do you currently have installed and licensed?

proc product_status;
run;

proc setinit;
run;

If you have SAS/ACCESS to ODBC it may work with Azure SQL DWH with the appropriate SQL ODBC driver.

gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

we have licensed SAS Access to ODBC

In my research in internet i did not founded nothing about restrictions that we are not able to access Azure SQL DWH via SAS 9.4 M3.

When we already have Access to ODBC product, what kind of steps should i complete to implement this connection SAS-MS Azure SQL.

Thank you in advance!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS does your SAS servers run on? Azure SQL DWH is just MS SQL Server repackaged. You can check for the system requirements here

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation