BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MadhuKiran1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Its time for software renewal on sas9.4 grid environment with 3 meta nodes 4 compute nodes, 2 management nodes and midtiers

when I renew license for LSF the follwoing tech note says I need to restart certain services.(jadmin , badmin , res ans lim) 

Tech note : http://support.sas.com/kb/18/638.html

can some body confirm on which machine I need to restart these services? is it on metadata server or on management server?.

S : $LSF_TOP (lsf instalaltion) directory is accessible from all machines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The mentioned service-processes are LSF core processes. The must become aware of the new license and that implies a restart (at OS level) of those. Check your LSF admin docs.  Every node of LSF in the grid (Compute nodes) must be restarted as far I can see. they share the LSF config files. 

If you are uncertain whether the restart is needed. Check the processes are running and the LSf license file is there and changed  than restart. A better appraoch would be to do the restart before changing anything. As those LSF processes are running for a long time anything on the system may have changed making those not startable anymore. When the retart witouth change fails you know you have that trouble to solve. When the restart success and fails after your license change than the license is the troublemaker.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not familiar with SAS GRID, but LSF would be running on all nodes where there is load sharing. That means it could be running on all multi-node tiers. From what you describe that could be ALL nodes.

I guess you are running Unix, so I would check for LSF processes running on all nodes (ps -ef?).

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The mentioned service-processes are LSF core processes. The must become aware of the new license and that implies a restart (at OS level) of those. Check your LSF admin docs.  Every node of LSF in the grid (Compute nodes) must be restarted as far I can see. they share the LSF config files. 

If you are uncertain whether the restart is needed. Check the processes are running and the LSf license file is there and changed  than restart. A better appraoch would be to do the restart before changing anything. As those LSF processes are running for a long time anything on the system may have changed making those not startable anymore. When the retart witouth change fails you know you have that trouble to solve. When the restart success and fails after your license change than the license is the troublemaker.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi ,

I have placed licenses file in those directory but didnt restarted LSF services. Now it is not working and getting below mnetioned error while restarting LSF services :-

[root@apptest conf]# . ./profile.lsf

[root@apptest conf]# badmin hshutdown

Shut down slave batch daemon on <apptest> ...... Host control failed.: Request from non-LSF host rejected

How could i resolve this issue ? Flow manager is also not working.

O/S :- Linux

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MG18,

did you already tried to update the license with RTM and restart every LSF/EGO service? The first service to be restarted should be LIM, which, for our purpose, is the license manager.

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello ,

when i checked in log file , licenses are not get updated and i am having 2 license for same product.

Now i am not able to find which license should i apply and following guidelines from http://support.sas.com/kb/18/638.html.

How can i identify correct license file

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation