BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I installed and configured a SAS Studio 3.1 MidTier without errors but when I tried to start the application via html-Link how it was described in the instructions.html I got the message:

HTTP Status 404 - /SASStudio

type Status report

message /SASStudio

description The requested resource is not available.

VMware vFabric tc Runtime 2.8.0.RELEASE/7.0.30.A.RELEASE

I guess that something wasn't deployed on the Server but all Installation- and Configuration-Logs are ok.

Regards,

Patrick

21 REPLIES 21
SASKiwi
PROC Star

At a guess I suggest you check to see if all SAS services are running on your SAS midtier (web) server. If they are not running the easiest way to restart would be to reboot the server.

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

All services are running correctly and when I take the server-address without /sasstudio I get the following webpages:

Port 80: Welcome to SAS 9.4 -> Congratulations! You have successfully set up SAS Web Server

Port 8080: Welcome to SAS 9.l4 -> Congratulations! You have successfully set up SAS Web Application Server

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

It is telling that the SASstudio  folder as part of the javacontainer is not there.

Did you redeploy that part?  and after that restarted the services (no need to boot the machine)   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

this is the problem. The folder is not deployed in the container but I don't know why. I redeployed SASStudio without errors but it doesn't work.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have not yet played around with 9.4, but I suspect the web server is apache. Apache is usually configured with the httpd.conf file, so I suggest you look for that. This either includes a mod_jk.conf file or has the directives for apache to reroute certain pathes to the web application server. /SASStudio may be missing there, so the web server issues a simple page not found error (the 404).

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Kurt,

but what kind of source do I have to route to the webServer? The only thing I can find for sasstudio is a "sas.sasstudio.war" which is located in the directory "C:\SAS\Config\Lev2\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\sas_webapps"

dpage
SAS Employee

I notice you're configuring into Lev2, is it possible there is another tcServer running in Lev1 on port 8080, without SASStudio present?

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

no, there is only a Lev2 on the server

dpage
SAS Employee

Do you have a SASStudio.xml in Lev2/Web/WebAppServer/conf/Catalina/localhost ?

Do you have a log in Lev2/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASStudioMidTier3.2.log ?

Is it possible your server is setup for multiple managed servers, and it's really on server2, at 8180?

ppapirny
Calcite | Level 5

The SASStudio.xml is there and has the following content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Context path="/SASStudio" docBase="../sas_webapps/sas.sasstudio.war"><ResourceLink type="javax.sql.DataSource" name="jdbc/SASAPP" global="sas/jdbc/SharedServices"/></Context>

I have no log....

What do you mean with multiple managed servers? I installed the DI and BI as a 2-machine installation. Server-tier and Mid-Tier are on the same Machine.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The webserver en java container with 9.4 are coming as of VMfabric Vmware is referering to Apache and TC for those.

A war and ear file are just constructs using a zip structure to get a dedicated folder structure and content in the java container and related items.

If we are on this:

- "this is the problem. The folder is not deployed in the container but I don't know why. I redeployed SASStudio without errors but it doesn't work".

It could without errors when the deploying (unzipping) was done with a wrong input-file (that ware/ear) or a wrong destiniation. 

Any checks on those?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
dpage
SAS Employee

That confirms the context root should be SASStudio. Does host:8080/SASAdmin come up?

As far as multiple managed servers, you can split the WARs into multiple tomcat instances, you would see SASServer1_1, SASServer2_1, etc. I wanted to make sure we were looking at the right server.

Are there any logs in Web/Logs/SASServer1_1  or Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/logs ? The server.log from the latter may contain information about why sas studio failed to deploy if that's what's going on.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation