BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
matty
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am new to SAS, so if I use terminology incorrectly please ask for clarification.

Our SAS deployment:

-Enterprise Business Intelligence 9.3.m1

-Deployed on Windows 2008 Server 64-bit

We currently have a Jasig CAS Single-Sign On (SSO) solution deployed at our institution.  I'm interested in using SSO authentication only for the SAS Web Report Studio/Information Delivery Portal.

Has anybody successfully implemented this?  Can anybody provide more information?  The SAS SSO authentication documentation is pretty sparse on details.

Thanks,
Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Matt,

You didn't mention which web application server you are using so I'll assume JBoss for now.

Whilst I haven't implemented that specific config, I would suggest you have a read of the following resources:

The first link explains how to configure SAS & JBoss for web authentication (via JAAS) and the second link discusses the CasLoginModule - a JAAS module that can be used for configuring CAS authentication in JBoss. I would start with this info when trying to stitch the various parts together.

I hope this helps. It certainly sounds like a fun project.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Matt,

You didn't mention which web application server you are using so I'll assume JBoss for now.

Whilst I haven't implemented that specific config, I would suggest you have a read of the following resources:

The first link explains how to configure SAS & JBoss for web authentication (via JAAS) and the second link discusses the CasLoginModule - a JAAS module that can be used for configuring CAS authentication in JBoss. I would start with this info when trying to stitch the various parts together.

I hope this helps. It certainly sounds like a fun project.

Cheers

Paul

Himanshu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Our SAS deployment:

-SAS Visual Analytics 9.4 bundled with tomcat 7

-Deployed on RHEL 6.5 Server 64-bit

We currently have a Jasig CAS 3.1 Single-Sign On (SSO) solution deployed at our institution.  I'm interested in using SSO authentication only for the SAS Visual Analytics.

Any help on the above integration will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Himanshu

matty
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks very much for the info Paul.  This points me in the right direction.

Matt

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Paul, with 9.4 you get the VMfacric ones included. No jboss Beaweblogic Websphere anymore as the SAS goal is having one installation with all the tools of the choice by SAS.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation