BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

We have 3 grid servers 1 Metadata server (SunOS) 1 master control server (SunOS) and 1 node(SunOS). Deployed license. Everything is updated and proc setinit is also updated but when the user is submitting sasgsub it is not taking new license file. 

Deployed license in master server and in metadata server and restarted the services. and copied license.dat to lsf conf directory and restarted the servers(lsadmin, badmin, jadmin) as root. Any advice please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

In sasgsub.sh file in config location of SASGridManagerClientUtility (Conf/Lev1/Applications/SASGridManagerClientUtility/9.2) at GRIDLICENSEFILE option we need point to new license file. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Not sure if you are aware that when updating the license for Platform Suite license.dat needs to be deployed in 2 places: one for Platform Process Manager and one for Platform LSF. See https://support.sas.com/kb/24/352.html for more info.

Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry I didn't mention it. I updated in both places. lsf/conf and pm/conf.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Can you paste a copy of the error they are getting.

Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

when user is submitting sasgsub code from unix server. Following error is displaying PFA screen shot.

Capture.PNG
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Did you also update the SID in metadata using SAS Deployment Manager?

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I ask because SAS Usage Note 49750: To extend the expiration date for particular SAS® solutions, you must perform ... lists the SAS® Grid Manager Client Utility. Whilst this usage note is for SAS 9.4 but I assume it also applied to early SAS versions.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Maybe stating the obvious, but...

Is the Unix server from which sasgsub was issued one of the servers in your grid you mentioned? If not, maybe the host that has sasgusb must also be renewed. And did you restart the LSF services after replacing the license file?

Regards Jan.

Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

The Unix server from where sasgsub is submitting is saspapp02cdp server. After replacing license I restarted lsf services.

Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7
I again deployed license and updated SID file in Metadata but still, the user is unable to user sasgsub. Is there any other way to fix it?
Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

In sasgsub.sh file in config location of SASGridManagerClientUtility (Conf/Lev1/Applications/SASGridManagerClientUtility/9.2) at GRIDLICENSEFILE option we need point to new license file. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation