BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
david_marques
Calcite | Level 5

I'm going crazy trying to get a SAS terminal server running properly. We recently purchased a new server and installed Windows 2008 R2 on it. I setup Oracle Client 11g 64-Bit and tested the connection to my DB and it works fine. After this, I installed SAS server 32-Bit and oppened it. When I try to connect to my DB from SAS, I get the following error:

1    libname libmqdms oracle user=mqdms password=XXXXXXXXX path=testdb1 schema=mqdms;

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA   found but not loadable.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement

I have tried many things and viewed different posts about the same error message, but the situations seem different. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Any help is much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Just try this below links regarding compatibility of SAS and oracle.Hope it helps.

http://support.sas.com/matrix/summary?OS=WINDOWS&DBVer=All&Engine=ORACLE&SAS=9.2

Thanks,

Shiva

david_marques
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the link, but according to this configuration Matrix, my setup should work properly, assuming they include Windows Server 2008R2 when they indicate Windows Server 2003 64-Bit. That list seems out of date though, since it doesn't include newer OS like Vista and 7. I noticed something else though. SAS, being a 32-Bit software, wanted to install itself in my Program Files folder, where 64-Bit programs are installed. I Installed it in the Program Files (x86) folder instead. Can this cause the problem? Should I simply install it in C:\SAS?

Andre
Obsidian | Level 7

I will be too interested by the official sas answer

about the required directory name

Program Files

or

Program Files(x86)

or the indication that both are accepted without any system adherence  further

between the sas functionning and the system.

Andre

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Have a look at  (found by searching support site withyour error)

http://support.sas.com/kb/33/444.html

Barry

david_marques
Calcite | Level 5

I finally had to cal SAS directly, but have found the issue. Unfortunately Barry, the patch you mention is no longer available but in any case is included with Oracle Client 11g R2, which is the version I had installed. The main issue is that SAS 32-bit couldn't talk to Oracle 64-bit, so I reinstalled it on 32-bit since we don't have SAS Server 64-bit. Once this was done, everything started working perfectly. Thanks for all of your comments on this issue.

RonO
Calcite | Level 5

Hi David ! 

I think you made the most logical choice as the solution is way convoluted.

I have a Windows 2003 Server R2 64-bit as my Enterprise guide server and I found the solution from Microsoft, not SAS.

In the structure of Windows 64 bit (not sure about 2008), there is the standard c:\windows\system32 directory which, according to MS, holds the 64-bit programs and code ! A little confusing ?  Yeah, I know !

Apparently, to use 32-bit drivers in the 64-bit Windows 2003 environment, you need to install your drivers through the 32-bit version of the Datasources (ODBC) program which is located in the c:\windows\SysWOW64 directory and is the executable odbcad32.exe.  Now, the executable in the normal SYSTEM32 directory has the same name, probably for coding reasons, so it's easy to get confused.

Also note that pulling 32-bit documents like Word, Excel and others need to use the SAS/Access for PC Server otherwise they won't load.

Maybe when we have more 64-bit apps at the user end, we won't have to worry about this incompatibility so much ?

bwasicak
Calcite | Level 5

David,

I the reverse problem, my 64bit SAS can't take to my 32bit Oracle.  My ODBC driver is SQORA32.DLL, I believe this is 32bit.  I really want the 64bit Oracle.  Where did you find the Oracle 64bit?

david_marques
Calcite | Level 5

I just googled Oracle Client 11g 64-bit

bwasicak
Calcite | Level 5

David,

Thanks, I did the same.  I keep ending on the Oracle Home page.  2 weeks and 10 calls with Oracle, I still can't get into their site.  "My kingdom for a 64bit Oracle ODBC drivers."  It's a small kingdom with lots of unsettled villagers, but it's Home.

Bob W.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation