BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

We installed SAS Grid 9.4 with an Active Directory (AD) installer account on Linux.
We are having issues with AD accounts on Linux, it is causing problems where SAS sessions sometimes fail to start due to AD integration issues.

We changed our Stored Process Server launch credentials from AD to Linux local accounts and that solved most STP problems. 
Can we do the same for the SAS Object Spawner?

Regards,
Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I tried it and I experience no problems.

Guess it works then.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am sorry I was not clear.

The installation has been done with the AD account and is a fact.

So all files are owned by the AD account.

Because of the issues I want to create a new local account and have the Object Spawner run under that account.

My question is if that is supported.

Changing ownership of install files is not supported so i learned from SAS.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You can only try it. The new user needs to have write access to the same locations where the install user has (logs, pid files).

The changeover to the executing user (sassrv or the logged-in user in case of workspace servers) is handled as root anyway.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I tried it and I experience no problems.

Guess it works then.

SimonDawson
SAS Employee
If you /etc/nsswitch.conf has files ahead of whatever mechanism is doing your AD integration you can simply make a local account with the same name, uid, gid setup and the local Linux account will "shadow" the account from the AD, things will work from the SAS side without any modification at all.

For your Linux system administrators this should be dead simple for them to setup.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation