BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, I have 2 small data steps to retrieve a tableUri from the metadata. I'm 100% sure that both objects exist in the metadata and they both have a unique URI. I checked in the management console.

Dataset temp gives me a blank tableUri and an rc-4. Dataset temp2 gives me the correct tableUri and an rc 1.

So my code is working, but for the library MW Cross Business Staging i'm not getting any results. The security is set in the same way and i'm a SAS Admin at my client. Any ideas of what the problem may be?

data temp;
format searchUri tableUri $256.;
searchUri = cats("omsobj:DataTable?DataTable[@Name = 'FEEL_LABELS_Omschr']", 
"[TablePackage/DatabaseSchema[@Name = 'MW Cross Business Staging']");
rc = metadata_getnobj(searchUri, 1, tableUri);
run;

data temp2;
format searchUri tableUri $256.;
searchUri = cats("omsobj:DataTable?DataTable[@Name = 'FEEL_LABELS_Omschr']", 
"[TablePackage/DatabaseSchema[@Name = 'MW Measure Business Staging']");
rc = metadata_getnobj(searchUri, 1, tableUri);
run;

1 REPLY 1
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

We found the issue.

When creating the library we copied text from excel to SAS Management Console. There was a character which we could not see. 

When looking into the SAS metadata browser we saw the libraries were not sorted correctly.. that's how we discovered

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation