BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mormanje
Calcite | Level 5

I have created a low priority queue in LSF.  I do not want LSF scheduling jobs in that queue unless the app or user specifically assigns a job to that queue.  Currently jobs are flowing to that queue on occasion instead of the 'normal' default queue.

I have looked through LSF params, trying to find something to restrict LSF from using this queue in those circumstances, but haven't found anything yet.

Is there a parameter or method to make sure LSF doesn't automatically schedule to a particular queue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you create a grid options set in SAS Management Console for a user / application combination that specifies a queue, that queue will always be used, it is not something that would add the option for the user to select.

Documentation on Grid Options Sets can be found below.

Understanding Grid Options Sets
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/gridref/p0woc6l7g1m33ln145tikokc7bxn.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
LSF sends jobs to the queue configured as the default queue when no queue is specified, so jobs would only be sent to this new queue if this was done as part of the submission process or if the queue was configured as a default queue.
--
mormanje
Calcite | Level 5

I do not have the queue configured as a default queue in lsb.params and the user confirmed they did not specify the queue, so I'm somewhat confused.  Within SMC, I am setting the options in Logical Grid Server for the context for certain users to be able to use that queue.  That user in particular now routes to the new queue.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you create a grid options set in SAS Management Console for a user / application combination that specifies a queue, that queue will always be used, it is not something that would add the option for the user to select.

Documentation on Grid Options Sets can be found below.

Understanding Grid Options Sets
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/gridref/p0woc6l7g1m33ln145tikokc7bxn.htm
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation