BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wbsjd
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I accidentally deleted a library in the SAS DI Studio. The following error message shows up when I tried to open a dataset in the library,  I tried to re-created the library under the same directory, but I can't use the same library name and can't register the data in old library to the new library.  Is there any way to restore the library? Thank you so much

wbsjd_0-1663090841260.png

wbsjd_1-1663091106254.png

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is these library definitions are stored in SAS metadata. You can use SAS Management Console to restore from a metadata backup from before you deleted the library. You will however lose any metadata changes made since then. By default SAS metadata is backed up daily.

Select Metadata Manager ==> Metadata Utilities ==> Server Backup to list the available backups to restore from. To restore just right click on the required backup, and select Recover from this backup. You might want to do a backup first before restoring just in case you need to revert.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation