BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Hello Folks, 

Please help with your feedback,

we have situation where web application seems down (not responding) (we use web application to monitor jobs and files) at same time we have long jobs running. Is it okay to restart Object Spwner while jobs running on server since to get back web app? we don't want to disturb on going long running jobs and at same time we want web app back becasue its critical. 

also, just to know, is it okay too to restart Object Spawner to get desktop app back just in case if SAS EG is down? 

Thank you....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Do you use LSF or some other tool to schedule the jobs ? That will reduce the complexity. 

The Object spawner listens for requests and start the workspace server or storedprocess servers sessions if necessary. 

As long as those running jobs does not expect to launch new sessions of these during the resart , it should be alright. 

Best 

Sai Korrapti

Sai Korrapati

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Do you use LSF or some other tool to schedule the jobs ? That will reduce the complexity. 

The Object spawner listens for requests and start the workspace server or storedprocess servers sessions if necessary. 

As long as those running jobs does not expect to launch new sessions of these during the resart , it should be alright. 

Best 

Sai Korrapti

Sai Korrapati
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @woo,

as @userid007 well indicated, neither your long running processes (single jobs) or your web applications will suffer if you restart the object spawner of a SAS Application Server.

Given the case you do this for EG, yes, it will recover the desktop apps and open EG sessions with no running processes will "suffer", meaning your users will need to reconnect (if EG do not reconnect by itself) and the current WORK and UTILLOC items will be lost. Therefore, I would recommend you get an agreement with your EG users about how to proceed on those cases.

woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Thank you so much userid007 and JuanS_OCS for your input/comment. I GOT MY ANSWER 🙂 

We do not use LSF, we have UNIX environment and we have IBM tool (Tivoli) where all jobs implemeneted. I wish we would have GRID environment :).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation