BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nivas88
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I tried to update latest Java in our SAS Platform 9.4M7 ( Linux )  by launching SAS Deployment Manager. Our /tmp directory has been set with noexec option. So while launching Deployment manager, we specify -templocation to launch, so that it will point to the temp location while launching. Deployment Manger successfully gets launched. 

When we start applying hot fix, the required hotfix required restart of deployment manger . I simply provide 'Yes' to restart but Im getting error message as 

"the problem may be /tmp has been mounted with noexec option".  For launching the DM, I can able to specify the templocation , but I'm not sure how the restart happens in the backend.

Is there are any workaround for the issue? I dont see any SAS document for this. Please let me know

THanks

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you add the -templocation option in the launcherargs of sasdm.ini, does that prevent the issue?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nivas88
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the response. I have modified the sasdm.sh script under check_exec_permission function by changing the testTempLocation and that worked.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation