BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
I'm making a change to lsf.conf that requires to restart lim and mbatchd on grid control and candidate nodes. I've got to use "lsadmin reconfig" and "badmin mbdrestart" respectively for restarting lim and mbatchd.

Does this disrupt already existing jobs on SAS grid?
Also, what would be the impact on new job submissions during the restart happens?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @SASWayne ,

in theory it should not be much of an impact, specially for currently running jobs. The restart should take seconds or milliseconds, therefore the impact for new jobs it should not look worse than a small hiccup. But, of course, it all depends on several configuration and performance details.

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for replying! @JuanS_OCS

I just want to make the changes I made to the lsf.conf effective, do you think using badmin reconfig instead of badmin mbdrestart would serve the purpose?

Thanks!
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS Those links were really helpful! Thank you.

I'm going to reconfigure lsf.conf to make RES sessions to check SAS jobs status executing under it every X seconds. I believe that doesn't require to restart SBD after the reconfiguration. Let me know what you think please.

Thanks!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I agree, I don't think this needs to restart SBD, give it a go 😉

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
@JuanS_OCS the new parameter didn't get effective on badmin reconfig, I've had to restart mbatchd to make it work.
Thanks for the LSF links!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation