BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

I would like to know high level steps/ strategy to restrict a Custom Group users to particular reports only.

The requirement is to restrict a Department/custom user group  to access  only reports related to their Business Unit but should not have access to other department reports. I did tried to reading the document but could not comprehend 

how to accomplish this task. Thanks/Hissam

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Is this question for VA on Viya platform or SAS9? Based on the platform steps could vary.
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7

My bad the  Environment is VA on SAS Viya 3.4.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are these reports organized in SAS Folders? If so, are they in something like /<Department>/Reports or /Reports/<Department>?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
syedhisam
Obsidian | Level 7
They are in SAS folder reports/department
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you want the users to only be able to see the department folders they are a member of, we need to prohibit Read on the department folder. If you don't want them to be able to see the contents, we need to prohibit Read (convey).

As Reports likely already has Read (convey) granted to Authenticated Users, we could add a conditional prohibit of either Read or Read (convey) depending on the desired behavior I mentioned above.

A prohibit condition of: !(groupsForCurrentUser().contains('SASAdministrators') || groupsForCurrentUser().contains('Department'))

translates to prohibit if the user trying to access is not a member of the SASAdministrators or Department groups.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation