BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Community,

I've tables registered using ODBC Library and I renamed those registered tables. When I schedule the Data Query which uses the renamed tables. Does they get updated or because I renamed it'll give me an error.

Kindly clarify this doubt.

Kind Regards,

Balraj P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you just renamed the metadata name (not the physical name in metadata) it should work.

But why do you ask? If you already renamed them, just try...?

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Please describe the steps in much more detail.
What is Data Query, in what tool are you?

Generally, renaming in metadata doesn't automatically renames physical data, and vice versa.
Data never sleeps
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @LinusH,

I'm using SAS VA,

1. In SMC I've imported tables using ODBC server and registered them. I've renamed the Imported tables as per my convinience.

2. In SAS VA Databuilder, I've used the renamed tables to build my Data Query and scheduled it.

3. When scheduler runs it fetches data from DB.

will the data imported by the scheduler updates the renamed tables or not is my question?

Kind Regards

Balraj P

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you just renamed the metadata name (not the physical name in metadata) it should work.

But why do you ask? If you already renamed them, just try...?

Data never sleeps
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Yeah did that It's working. 🙂 forgot to post here.. Thank you so much 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation