BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mpg
Fluorite | Level 6 mpg
Fluorite | Level 6

Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to register Oracle tables in a library using the web-based SAS Environment Manager?  Someone at the Global Forum suggested to me that it could work. However, on this page of documentation, it states Environment Manager cannot create and modify metadata definitions for other types of SAS libraries and servers: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=p13sfvw3fabjcwn16a8nf7cq34yh.htm&docsetVe...

I can see the Register Tables option for my Oracle library, but no tables are listed when I try to use it. Would the port used by Environment Manager need to have access to the database through the firewall?

1 REPLY 1
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The doc should be right.  Perhaps the person you chatted with at SGF was referring to SAS Viya's Environment Manager.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation