BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pavan439
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

My lincese expired for two products among all ordered SAS products 10 days before. We are about get renewal license for the same in next 10 days. Meanwhile if i install SAS software, will it allow to install the expired products. But i use them once renewed licence file is received.

Thanks & Regards,

S Pavan.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm pretty sure you need a current licence to install as you are prompted for it at the start of the install process and only those products you are licensed for are installed.

Many moons ago in earlier SAS releases you installed without needing a licence but not now.

pgunti
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Pavan,

You can not install for expired products.

Tommywhosc
Obsidian | Level 7

I agree with SASKiwi... it's doubtful that you can install those products now.

A suggestion: Ask SAS for a license extension (Haven't tried it; I think it lasts for only a week, tho):

Go to...

http://support.sas.com/techsup/license/index.html

Click on...

Request a temporary license extension for all SAS releases

OR  at the bottom of that page is this:

General License Questions

For other questions about licenses for SAS software and other software products associated with SAS, invoices, or licensing terms, contact SAS Contracts Support

I've talked to their Contracts Support before; they were very helpful.

Good luck...

Pavan439
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot guys. You saved my time. Got the new renewed licenses nowSmiley Happy.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation