BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sounak93
Calcite | Level 5

I registered a client ID and Client secret in Viya. The validity of my refresh token is 30days. Is there a way I can extend it? Can I set the validity of the refresh token to never expire?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @sounak93,

The default length for the ACCESS_TOKEN is 24 hours and 30 days for the REFRESH_TOKEN. The ACCESS_TOKEN lifetime can be extended out as far as you want (1 year, 20 years, etc.). Note, however, the limit for the REFRESH_TOKEN lifetime is 30 days (or less). This is all controlled by the sas.logon.jwt configuration property. See the sas.logon.jwt configuration in SAS EV administration documentation. on how to adjust the system defaults.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXXVIII, SAS Programming: Getting Started
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @sounak93,

The default length for the ACCESS_TOKEN is 24 hours and 30 days for the REFRESH_TOKEN. The ACCESS_TOKEN lifetime can be extended out as far as you want (1 year, 20 years, etc.). Note, however, the limit for the REFRESH_TOKEN lifetime is 30 days (or less). This is all controlled by the sas.logon.jwt configuration property. See the sas.logon.jwt configuration in SAS EV administration documentation. on how to adjust the system defaults.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXXVIII, SAS Programming: Getting Started
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

sounak93
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Joe, that helped. I was able to extend the lifetime for my access token and refresh token according to my need.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation