BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Consider the following scenario.
 SAS 9.4 installed on a server running Windows OS. Workspace server logs not enabled.
SAS EG is installed on the user's machine (laptop/VDI).
To be clear there is no SAS installation on the user's machine.
The user is executing the code from his machine and the machine is hung. Machine needs physical reset.
It is desired to recover the code.
I see two similar forum posts and see that do not answer my question.
How to recover last code - SAS Support Communities 
Solved: How to recover unsaved codes? - SAS Support Communities
The information at 12392 - A location for autosave backup files for the SAS® Enhanced Editor depends on the SAS® Softwa... appear to refer to a location on the user's machine and not on Server.
My question: Is there a way to recover the code from the server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Code isn't stored on the server. EG code is stored in the folders specfied by the user. EG has an AUTOSAVE feature.and will normally prompt you if there are any unsaved programs it is able to recover the next time you start it. You can check to see if Auto Recovery is enabled under Tools / Options:  

SASKiwi_0-1673464178422.png

Also you can navigate to the folder defined in the above screen and see if any SAS programs are saved. I just checked and it has saved the one program I haven't currently saved called Program. Note unsaved programs show in EG with an asterisk in front of the name.

SASKiwi_1-1673464533140.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Code isn't stored on the server. EG code is stored in the folders specfied by the user. EG has an AUTOSAVE feature.and will normally prompt you if there are any unsaved programs it is able to recover the next time you start it. You can check to see if Auto Recovery is enabled under Tools / Options:  

SASKiwi_0-1673464178422.png

Also you can navigate to the folder defined in the above screen and see if any SAS programs are saved. I just checked and it has saved the one program I haven't currently saved called Program. Note unsaved programs show in EG with an asterisk in front of the name.

SASKiwi_1-1673464533140.png

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation